Monday, August 3, 2009

Friends and Friendships




A big blow from a stranger hurts less than a small blow from a friend.

A friendship that ended never really began.

A stranger stabs you in the front. A lover stabs you in the heart. An enemy stabs you in the back but real friends don’t carry knives.

Another lesson learned. Better know your friends or else you will get burned.

Back then, it meant so much to have you by my side. I always had your back and you always had mine.

Be careful what you say. Friendships can end in one minute because of a stupid word.

Best friend is ten letters but so is lying bitch.

Breaking up with a lover is a million times easier than breaking up with a best friend.

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, all losses are restored and sorrows end.

Dealing with backstabbers, there’s one thing I’ve learned. The bitches are only powerful when your back is turned.

Does it hurt you to know that we haven’t spoken in days? Does it hurt you to know that we can’t look at each other without looking away? Does it hurt you to know that everything we had as friends is gone? Does it hurt you? It’s hurting me.

Don’t get mad at the people you love. Getting mad is only an easier way of dealing with the pain but the longer you hold onto the pain the less you’ll remember that you love them and then one day your anger will disappear, they will be gone, and you’ll be left all alone just remembering.

Don’t let a little dispute ruin a great friendship.

Don’t rely on someone you can’t trust. Trust someone you can rely on.

Don’t stress the people from your past. There’s a reason why they didn’t make it to your future.

Don’t turn your back on your friends. That’s the best target.

Don't let petty things get in the way of a good friendship. Forgive and forget.

Everyone else in the world was here when I needed them but the one person I needed the most turned their back on me and that person was you.

Everyone’s telling me that you told them we’re not friends anymore. This surprises me because I thought that it was just a small fight that all friends can recover from eventually. I guess we just have different views on the situation. It would help to know why you’re mad and what I did wrong so I can fix it. Let me know. Write me a note if you don’t want to tell me face to face. Friends can get through anything, right?

Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends.

Friends are friends until they talk behind your back. Then they’re backstabbers.

Friends...the people who stab you in the front.

Friendship is as fragile as glass. If it’s mishandled, it can be broken forever.

Friendship is like China, costly, rich, and rare. When broken it can be mended but the crack is always there.

Fuck you. If you're not going to be at my funeral, I don’t give a fuck about you and your problems. I stick to my real people.

How can it be that two of the greatest friends in the world can go from being each others everything to absolutely nothing?

Why don’t we talk any more? You don’t even call. We barely keep in touch. I don’t even feel the same love when we hug no more.

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.

I always knew lovers could break your heart but I never knew your friends could.

I couldn’t wait to see you again but it’s funny how these friendships end.

I didn’t ask for it to be over but then again I didn’t ask for it to begin, for that is the way it is with life as some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance but even the most beautiful days eventually have their sunsets.

I didn’t ask for it to be over but then again, I never asked for it to begin.

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod because my shadow does that much better.

I guess in the end people become the people they promised they’d never be.

I had a friend once. Then the rope broke and he got away.

I hate how we have stupid fake conversations. We’re supposed to be friends. You’re not supposed to ask how I’m doing. You’re supposed to know by the sound of my voice. I’m not supposed to ask what you’ve been up to. I’m supposed to be doing things with you. We’re not supposed to have that awkward silence. We’re supposed to talk non-stop but I guess if we don’t know these things then we’re not supposed to be friends.


I hate this life. Why? I’m sick of it. All my so-called friends are full of shit.

I have your back if you have mine but if you don’t then you best be watching yours.

I just want to die to see which of my friends care enough to come to my funeral.

I know I’m supposed to hate you. I’ve been trying for so long but even after everything that’s been said and done I still want to wipe away your tears. I still want you to be happy and I still miss what I lost. I still miss my best friend.

I learned it’s better to have few friends that will stay true than to have many friends that are going to turn their backs on you.

I love how your own friends who are supposed to care about you have to point out your flaws and make you feel like shit. Reality hurts like a bitch.

I never wanted to believe that you could lie, that friends deceive, and here I am. I’m still the same. I watched you change. You won’t come back. I’ll watch you crash and burn.

I remember I kept thinking I know you never would but now I know I want to kill you like only a best friend could.

I swear I felt you stab me in my sleep. I know I did because I never had my back turned long enough when I was awake.

I thought you were my best friend. I thought we were friends until the end. I thought you’d always be there for me in rain or shine. I thought you would be there all the time. I thought you were my real true friend. I thought what we were going through would some time mend but I guess I was wrong. Our friendship really isn’t that strong.

I thought you were my friend and we would be together until the end but you fucked everything up and said shit that wasn’t true so now you must pay, bitch -- all the blame is on you.

I trust everyone. It’s the devil inside them I don’t trust.

I want to tell you how you did me wrong but now I’m only back to square one. I’m giving you all my trust back again and hoping you’ll still be my best friend. I can’t take the pain anymore. You lied and made me so unsure but I want you to be here by my side. Now, can’t we be best friends and ditch the lies?

I was betrayed. How can you say that you feel sorry inside? It’s devastating losing close friends. I’ve gone away. You make me stay but I can’t tell it from lies. I’ve gone insane losing close friends.

I will forgive but I won’t forget and I hope you know you’ve lost my respect. You better watch out if you don’t know what’s going on around you. You better think twice before you fry off the handle and lose it.

I’ll never have any closer friends than the ones I had when I was young.

I’m holding onto something that used to be there and hoping it’ll come back but knowing it won’t.

I’m not even going to get pissed anymore. I just got to learn to expect the lowest from the people I thought the highest of.

I’m not like them. I don’t stab people in the back. You hurt me, I’m warning you, and I’ll be the next friend you lack.

I’m sorry. Did my back hurt your knife?

I’ve figured out what you’re all about and I don’t think I like what I see so I hope I won’t be there in the end if you come around.

I’ve learned it takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it.

If I added up the times you made me feel special and multiplied it by a thousand, it wouldn’t even come close to all the times you made me feel like shit.

If I had known in the first place you would hurt me like this, I would have never said best friends till the very end.

If it’s very painful for you to criticize your friends you’re safe in doing it but if you take the slightest pleasure in it that’s the time to hold your tongue.

If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

If someone wants to be part of your life, they’ll make an effort to be in it.

If you scatter thorns, don’t go barefoot.

In the end you’ll figure out whose fake and who’s true and who would risk it all for you.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

It has to be hard to watch someone you love change before your eyes and know you can’t do anything about it but it must be heartbreaking to remember the way they once were.

It sucks when the people you know become the people you knew.

It’s easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.

It’s funny how friendships end up. They just get down in the dumps. People lie and talk behind each other’s backs. They hurt you and make your heart crack. They don’t understand what they do because best friends would never do that to you so keep your friendship long and strong. Never break a friendship that has lasted for so long.

It’s funny how you can be hurt so bad from the person you least expected it from.

It’s funny how your worst enemies always seem to turn out to be all your best friends.

It’s funny how your worst enemies always seem to turn out to be all of your best friends’ best friends.

It’s funny, you know, how just by saying three little words could hurt someone so much.

It’s hard to trust anyone when the one you’ve opened your heart to let you down.

It’s sad how you can miss what could be the friendship of a lifetime because you are too afraid of what people might think of you.

It’s sad to see that two close people don’t recognize each other anymore. Not because they grew up but because they grew apart.

It’s so ironic how best friends just slip and they become enemies so quick.

It’s terrible how you have to go through such a tragedy to realize who your true friends are.

It’s what people do without thinking that causes quick tears. Eventually, the tears will be forgotten but the hurt will stay in the heart forever.

It’s amazing when two strangers become the best of friends but it’s sad when the best of friends become two strangers.

It’s never your enemies that get you. It's always your own people.

Just before you never speak to me again remember when you used to be my friend. You treated me like shit. I’m never going to deny it and I even played your little game. I was there every time you called my name. I still thought our friendship would last but now everything is in the past. All the secrets I shared and you never even cared so let me tell you and don’t make me repeat it: I fucking hate you and yes, I mean it.

Lately, I got to watch what I say. You take things personal nowadays. You used to laugh and now you get mad. Damn, I just want my best friend back.

Maybe some people aren’t meant to be in our lives forever. Maybe some are just passing through to teach us a lesson.

Men kick friendship around like a football and it doesn’t crack. Women treat it like glass and it falls to pieces.

Neither of us meant for things to be this way. If things went differently, maybe we would still talk today.

Never say you have lost a friend because if a friendship is capable of ending, it never really existed.

No matter how hard I seem to try, you turn around and twist my words into a lie. Are friendships supposed to be like this because if they are then I quit.

No person is your friend if he demands your silence or denies your right to grow.

One wrong could cost a few years. Make the perfect friendship go down in tears.

People come into our lives and walk with us a mile and then because of circumstances they only stay awhile. They serve a need within the days that move so quickly by and then are gone beyond our reach. We often wonder why. God only knows the reason that we meet and share a smile, why people come into our lives and walk with us a mile.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Remember when you held my hand and wiped away my tears? Remember when you held me close and chased away my fears and how you'd go out of your way just to make me smile, calling me at 3 am just to talk awhile?

So if I have to leave you I want you to know that in the end it wasn’t because I stopped caring. It was because you stopped being a friend.

Some people don’t catch on. They rather just pretend. While things are going smooth, they smile and call you their friend. Funny how you never know who cares until it hurts and when it’s over does it matter who blew off whom first?

Some people don't deserve the memories you share with them.

Some say that time changes and best friends can become strangers.

Sometimes I feel like my friends turn against me when their other friends are around.

Sometimes I just feel like running away just to see who would follow, just to see who really cares, or if anyone cares at all.

Sometimes it’s easier to just say you’re mad than to admit to them that you’re actually hurt.

Sometimes it’s easier to trust someone you don’t know because you don’t expect too much instead of the person you know very well, the person you trusted so much and hurt you so deeply.

Sometimes it’s good to fight because then you know who’s there for you and then you find out who’s not.

Sometimes it’s your closest friends who end up hurting you more than your worst enemies ever could.

Sometimes losing your best friends over a significant other isn’t worth it because now I don’t have anyone to talk shit about them with.

Sometimes people build you up just to knock you down.

Sometimes the pain is too much to bear. Sometimes if you don’t watch your back it will cost you. Sometimes you wonder who the fuck would care if they lost you.

Sometimes the things you complain most about are the things you care most about. Unfortunately, you don't always know that before it's too late.

Sometimes you have to run away to see if they’ll follow.

Sometimes your best friends are really enemies in disguise.

Sorry for whom I am and what I’ve done. I guess I’m not as good as a friend as I thought.

Stay true to yourself because there are very few people who will stay true to you.

Take out the picture. Blow off the dust. Take off the frame; it’s starting to rust. Remember the times we had together. What ever happened to best friends forever?

The best thing about pictures is they never change even if the people in them do.

The friendship that can cease was never been real.

The more arguments you win the fewer friends you will have.

2 comments:

Tomboy Tigress said...

Pwahahaha !
"Best friend is ten letters but so is lying bitch."That's too damn funny! Great post!

Anonymous said...

This was good.....and true as hell. It definitely hit home.

And I love "Best friend is ten letters but so is lying bitch."